Monday 29 April 2013

Congratulations Gabi!!

"It's the morning of competition, and as usual I woke up 40 minutes before my alarm because I was so nervous. We had breakfast and got on the bus to go to the venue. We arrive and the set up of the venue was great.

We were due to start at 10:30 after having a minutes silence for Neil Ross, a person high up on the international fencing committee, who passed away in January. Things didn't kick off until gone 11.

We started the Poole and I only lost 3 of my fights and won 6, the 3 fights that I lost, I lost them by one hit!

We then got given our draw for the knockout stage. I got an American lady who I had beaten in the first round but it hasn't been an easy fight. I beat her 15-7. This meant that I got into the semi-finals where I was up against a polish lady. I lost my semi-final 15-8. I ended up with a bronze medal, my first senior medal.

 I'm extremely happy with getting bronze, and it now means the only way is up on the medals side of things."

Congratulations Gabi!!



0 comments: